Friday, December 28, 2012

Try, Buy, or Pass. Crest Whitestrips

I am a sucker for smiles.  Teeth are a big deal to me, although with my general avoidance of the dentist you wouldn't think that were the case.  Long story short, when I was 12 I had two cavities drilled without anesthesia.  It took 12 years for me to go to a dentist again.  Now I drag myself in every 8 months or so, but I make sure to brush and floss at least twice a day.

Anyway, the point is that two years ago I went to a concert, looked at the resulting pictures and thought "Jesus Christ my teeth look nasty!"  Brushing or no, I drink at least one cup of coffee per day, and spent a year or two as a smoker in my early twenties.  I had not until that day really noticed how yellow my teeth were getting.  As a generally broke parent, I didn't want to spend big bucks on getting my teeth professionally whitened when that money could be used for my kid, or for a cool vacation or something.  I decided to give Crest Whitestrips a shot.

I had found a coupon, went to my local Kmart and got a box of the 14 day strips for about $30.  I used them as directed.  Over all they weren't terrible.  I had to make sure I didn't need to eat or drink twice a day for the 30 minutes required otherwise the strips would slip off.  Other than that and some tooth sensitivity the whole thing was easy peasy.  The results were spectacular!!!  My husband could not believe it.

I have become an avid user of these whitestrips and since my original go at it they have changed the strips themselves so that they don't slip off easy and you can actually eat, drink, and talk with them on.  The price has also increased some, but what hasn't gone up in price lately/ I whitestrip about once per year and get compliments on how white my teeth are all the time.  These are worth the investment.  Buy

The picture that changed it all

Post Whitestrips discovery


No comments:

Post a Comment