Monday, December 31, 2012

Try, Buy, or Pass - Head & Shoulders Damage Rescue

For the last few months a coworker of mine was constantly trying new products and talking about them at work and on Facebook. At the time, I didn't think too much of it other than sometimes I'd take her advice and try something that she was mentioning out. Eventually she let on that she had joined a site called influenster and that it was a good place to go and read reviews on different products. She sent me the invitation to join and told me that from time to time they mail out products for you to try. Since I'm on the computer all day for work as it is, and since I rarely buy anything without reading online reviews first, I figured I'd give it a shot. I was lucky enough to be selected for the Head & Shoulders Voxbox. I was sent a bottle of their Damage Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner to try. It's advertisement states that you can get stronger hair in just 4 washes. I wash my hair about once a week and so finally I am 4 washes in and can give an honest review.
First off the smell of this product is just amazing. It smells slightly flowery without overpowering to the point where a guy can't use it. Overall the smell that comes off is "clean". The shampoo gives just the right amount of later. The conditioner also smells divine. It has just the right thickness to it's consistency so that you actually believe that it moisturizes you hair. It actually really delivers on that point. My hair is soft and shiny without having any of the greasy weight that sometimes happens with conditioners. I have never had any dandruff problems so I cannot review that part of this product.

 Overall, I cannot say that my hair feels any stronger. I still seem to suffer the same amount of breakage when combing. As much as I like the smell of the product and the way shine that it brings to my hair, the one negative aspect is that with every wash it fades the red out of my hair significantly. Since I know red is a hard color to upkeep I tend to use sulfate free products and this is definitely not one. My final verdict is: Try. I don't think that I will be repurchasing this product in the future. I think I'll stick with my previous sulfate free products as they provided similar softness and shine but without the significant fade in my color. For those that won't have an issue with dyed hair, or for those that have dandruff problems I would recommend that you give this a shot and see for yourself.
My air dried hair after four washes

No comments:

Post a Comment